Monday, January 11, 2010

Its been a while....

Wow, it has really been a while since I have made a post on this blog. Did I get rid of the kids and therefore stop having misadventures? No....... Did motherhood get super easy and leave me with no pitfalls to suffer through? No...... Are my kids antics no longer funny or just plain embarrassing? No..... Did I just get lazy and quit taking the time to put my thoughts and ramblings to words......Well.....yeah I think that is it. I discovered facebook and found myself just having 2 sentence words of wit and insight. I think it's time for resuming my blog. Time to vent and just be crazy! So here goes........This morning has been just a thrill a minute. First I drug this ever aging body out of bed and fixed myself 32 oz of liquid nourishment better known as COFFEE.
Then I found myself attacked by my loving 4 year old son and 1 year old chihuahua who thinks she is a pirate's parrot. A pirate's parrot? What on earth is this crazy woman talking about? Well, let me explain that one. This dog, my Little Lulabelle has decided that her absolute FAVE place in the world to "perch" is on my left shoulder curled into a ball with her head either lying on top of mine or tucked into her own bottom. I have considered changing her name to Polly.
My loving 4 year old son, previously referred to a 30lb growth on my left side has now become a 42lb growth, that regardless of how hard I try, still wishes to remain attached to left side.
This year was to be the year that we kick the momma habit and become more independent. We started 3 day per week pre-school last September with the intent on cutting the umblical cord.
This has not worked as much as I would have liked. He loves his teacher and loves school but still is attached to my left side at any other given time of the day.
This is my third year home schooling my girl. She is now heavily involved in second grade and still, not much digging the whole education thing. This is a real shame because she is very intelligent and if she just made 10% more of an effort, would really just blow me away.
Well, I've gotta wrap this up, apparently I have been called to acts of motherhood and need to fix my son a glass of strawberry milk. Happy Tuesday to anyone that may have read this!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)