Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog, what's a blog, is that something like Facebook....

Wow, has it really been over a year since I have typed a word on this blog? I am surprised Blog spot hasn't just shut me down...Well, maybe if I bookmark this page on my new laptop, I might find my way back to it once in a while, that's a thought...I'll give this some consideration.

I happened to be reading a new blog that my wonderful brother-in-law started chronicling his journey through physical adversity and God's plan for his family and thought, HEY, I have a blog and I haven't posted in a while. Little did I know, its been over a year. So, KM, you have inspired me to type, besides I may need the forum for dueling blog posts in the near future if you live up to your threats.....just saying....

Any who...so what has been going on with good old "Gottablogmom" you might be saying, if there were really any of you out there that ever read my blog to begin with.... Well, let me think....I now have a 3rd grader and a kindergartner who will soon become 4th grader and 1st grader....WOW, time flies. Within the last year I have been diagnosed and successfully treated for melanoma cancer and had my gallbladder removed, just for kicks and giggles. Both times coming through surgery with no ill effects, THANK YOU LORD! Its been an eventful 8 months in our household. My beloved baby girl (who is no longer a baby but still my baby girl) had a terrible mono-like virus that lasted over 8 weeks and that has taken up most of 2011 for us so far but again, THANK YOU LORD, she seems to be recovering. This week she is having a Upper GI with a barium swallow. I am sure...beyond sure actually...I am without a doubt CERTAIN that this will be quite the experience for us both. With her particular skill in extreme over-the-top drama and her decided distaste for being forced to consume anything against her will....we let's just say that I am not quite sure who is dreading it more, her or me.

Well, well, well....I have blogged an bit tonight....I better not overdo it or I might send my typing fingers into shock. They have been use to just typing short little status updates for the last 2 years now and a full blog post is a bit strenuous. I can only say that from here on, I will make a concerted effort to be more dedicated to by blog fan base and make at least one or two posts a week. I apologize for my social media infidelity and completely blame it Facebook for luring me away with it's instant gratification for interaction with those who bothered to read or comment on my shameless attempts at humor. If only blog readers were more vocal with their comments, maybe I would not have strayed.....

4 comments:

Running in Heaven said...

Wow!!! You sure had a lot to type. Keep it up Nemesis. I might even keep reading it!!! Hahahahahahahahahahhahah!!!! AKA: The Mean One :)

JoyFinder said...

I am glad to see that you are blogging again. It is also good to see that my DH has been renamed to KM from The Mean One. God is really doing a work in our family!

JoyFinder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hartman said...

YAY...you're back!!! The BA swallow sounds like torture...for the mother having to get the contrast down her child. But it should make for an interesting blog post!! Keep us posted.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)