Monday, April 4, 2011

Typical spring day ....

Today is a typical spring day in my household.  Husband and brother off to work by 7:30 and the kids and I fighting over the best time to start school for the day.  I say 8 or 8:30 and they are thinking more like oh........3 or 4 ISH........Normally we compromise to 9 am.   Today has been such a day.  It is gorgeous outside though and my daughter has spring fever. She just learned to ride her bike without training wheels and is excited to try her out her new skills.  Now, normally I would give in and we would have some outside time or go on a good field trip, but not today.  We NEED to get school done.  She needs to be ready for end of the year testing in a few weeks and we are not there yet.  

The other typical thing about spring for me is waking up with a hoarse, sore throat and runny nose.  Apparently the three different allergy medications I take on a daily basis along with one natural remedy, local pure honey, is just not enough.   How is this possible?! 

Apparently the other home schoolers in my family are feeling the same urge to achieve oneness with nature so we have made late day plans IF and ONLY IF the students accomplish some goals for the day. This is a great incentive for 5 kids to do what needs to be done.  I am having fewer complaints that normal about the length and difficulty of school today!  So, for those of you traditional school moms out there who are doing fun spring break activities with your kids, know that at least 2 moms are busy doing business as usual......

2 comments:

Running in Heaven said...

Word up sister! Get those little kids working and siked, because if they don't finish they won't ride their bikes.

JoyFinder said...

They made it! Although my youngest and oldest were pushing it to the very last second to finish. The had a great time riding bikes. Way to go Little P!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)