Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh, where is my HAIRBRUSH?.......

Have you heard that song? Its a classic. Circa 1997, VeggieTales, silly song classic.....Anyone?
Well, it was the first full sentence my little girl ever said all those years ago when she was just a little over a year old. We were walking through Wal-mart and she yells at the top of her lungs, "Oh where, oh where, oh wherrrrrrre, is my HAIRBRUSH!?

Anyway, I digress, this story is not about my daughter's first words but more about my hair. Has anyone out there noticed that as we get older, our hair is just not as....manageable as it was in our 20's or 30's? Well, I have definitely noticed in the last 8 months. You see, eight months ago a wonderful surgical oncologist asked a nurse or a surgical intern without a beauty school diploma to shave the right side of my head for surgery and he or she decided to not only shave the right side of my head, but to also chop a little hair outside of the surgical site. I am assuming it must have fell in the way of the clippers. I came through the surgery very well but I was JACKED up in the hair department.

Back in late December, about 3 months after my surgery, I went to the hair stylist and she tried to fix it a little. I went back last month for a trim and its getting better but there is still a three inch patch of hair that is slowly growing back and it is just as crazy as it can be. It is curly AND straight and it sticks every which way. It is a mess, but I think the Lord that it is still there and I am still here to complain. I am NOT like Larry the cucumber, I DO need a hairbrush......

1 comment:

JoyFinder said...

Hey, ChoCho and you have something in common. His hair can't decide what it wants to do either.LOL!

I'm just thankful that all went well and I will always love you sis, JACKED up hair and all. Although to be honest, I don't think your hair was JACKED up.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)