Thursday, March 31, 2011

Something to think about....

I just read this as a status update on my friend Juliet's facebook page.  I'm not sure if this is something she read or if this is a realization that God gave her but it is so real, so profound, I just had to share it.  Thank you Juliet for a true "Reality Check".....

"What would you think if you woke up this morning and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday?"
This makes me think, would I have a roof over my head, would my husband and children still be here,  would I live in a country where I am free?   Would my husband and children be here?!!!! Oh my, they would not.  I was so caught up in the junk that tears us away that I don't even remember giving thanks to the God that gave it all.   Thank you God for my family, for my life, for a warm home and food to feed the family I love so much.  Thank you God for friends who love you enough to post this as their facebook status so that I could have the eye-opening experience that this gave.  Thank you for stepping all over my toes this week showing me all the blessings I have.  Thank you God.

1 comment:

Running in Heaven said...

Wow, so true!! We all forget sometimes. Sad but true. You forgot your favorite BIL :) I know I'm thankful.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)