Saturday, July 26, 2008

Are you ready for this........

Okay, I know you have been wondering where I have been. I have been very lax in the posting department lately but let me tell you my story. On Wednesday while doing some laundry, my dryer just completely and suddenly died. It was still heating but not turning. This particular dryer is 20 plus years old (our old one died several years ago and we bought a new one that did not work well and my in-laws bought a new set but this one was still working well so we replaced our new one with this old one that worked much better). Our washer has been acting up for a couple of years now so we decided to buy a new set. I talked to my MIL and asked if they liked their new (4 years old now) set and what brand was it. They had a Kenmore Elite series and really liked it. She also said that my SIL and BIL both had the same brand and they were happy. So we went to Sears with the intention of buying a Kenmore super capacity washer and matching dryer. While there we decided on a top loading HE (High Efficiency) Kenmore Elite Oasis and the dryer to match...$1800 later we walked away with plans for it to arrive on Friday (yesterday). We were a bit in sticker shock as the last washer and dryer was about $800 for both. Anyway, the washer and dryer came yesterday and let me say, they are lovely. They have all the bells and whistles but unfortunately after one load of laundry, we notice that the washer is leaking out of the side and into the drain pan. My DH called the repair number and they say that they will come out next Thursday....I was through the roof! $1000 for a washing machine that leaks with the first load and I have to wait a week for a REPAIR! NO WAY!
I called the store and was told my appliance manager to call delivery back and tell them that they delivered a defective machine and I wanted a new one delivered. I did this and now we are getting a new machine next WEDNESDAY! What a mess!
Oh and btw, our trip to BG was an experience in itself that just can't even be described on this blog but if you are interested, I will be glad to share the experience on the phone.....

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

are you stinking kidding me???? You must not be screaming LOUD enough. There is NO way you should have to wait another week after JUST spending $1800. I WOULD NOT TOLERATE THAT GIRL. You GO GET EM!
Oh, and you've sparked my curiosity about the whole BG thing, but I'm getting ready to leave to go shoot that wedding....
Have a good week! Love ya girl!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)