Monday, July 28, 2008

What's been up, you ask? Let me tell ya....

Ok, you know the last post about the defective washer? Well, later that same day, we found out that the plastic pan that was under our washer (for those of you who don't have their washers in their house, the plastic pan is put there to protect your home against washer mishap, it is to hold the water and there is a drain at the bottom to pipe to let the water out...good idea right?) was not actually properly connected to the drain so when the water tried to drain, it went everywhere and drained into the exhaust fan of my downstairs powder room and posed an electricution hazard along with a mess all over. We had to turn off power to most of our downstairs for several hours while it dried out and had to take out the washer and my dh had to connect the pan to the drain properly and seal it to prevent leaking in the future. Apparently this is a disaster that has been waiting to happen for 14 years (when my house was originally built), In the process, my OCD tendencies kicked in and I had to thoroughly clean and convinced my dh to paint the laundry closet since everything was out of it. Man, it is amazing the dirt and crud that builds up in a laundry closet. I cleaned it somewhat before the new washer and dryer came but since he had the pan out and I had clear area to work, I really nailed it good. So, at the end of the day, we had it all reconnected and waiting for the second new washer of the week. Oh and I did threw a bit of a fit over the fact that I had to wait til Wednesday but since they said they had no more in stock and had to have it brought in, I couldn't do much about it.

1 comment:

Darleen said...

hey girl, i have been out of the loop in the blogging dept. myself. i am glad to hear that you are getting a new washer/dryer and that crisis was averted!! Enjoy your new laundry area!! See you in a few!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)