Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back from the great outdoors.....

(This is the memorial to the victims of the school shootings from last year. It was sad to see that each of the stones represented the lost of life.)

Well, I guess you were wondering if we survived our camping trip? We had a blast with in the mountains of VA. We visited my dh's alma mater and he showed us around. We went on a very tiring hike to a beautiful waterfall. My boy's little legs gave out and so did my knee so we didn't quite make it to the top but we still had fun playing in the mini-waterfall about 2/3 of the way to the top. The water was unbelievably icy even there and they say that it was even colder at the base of the fall. DH took the pictures of the actual waterfall and I took many others along the way.
We also went to the "beach" to swim and play in the lake. The campground had created a swimmer's beach at one area of the lake so the kids built sand castles and swam on Sunday before we drove home. My muscles have been aching every since but it was fun. We all can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Glad you had a good time, even if the hike just about killed ya!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)