Saturday, August 16, 2008

The dog days of summer.....

Seems that summer is nearing its end and we have really been busy. We skipped out on school yesterday and headed off to the local water park with one of our bestest peeps and peepette for a few hours. I had a lazy day just lounging around talking for a change. My ds actually went off to play with the girls and didn't drag his momma with him. He actually told me to let go several times when I was trying to hold onto his life jacket in Hubba Hubba highway. This is a big step since last year he clung to me like glue on this ride that has a strong current to float you around. He also really enjoyed the wave pool with his sister and friend DNK. I think he may be ready for swim lessons. My peep and I discussed all of our feminine woes from PMS to Hot flashes and she got the full rundown of my not for blog issues and she listened even though I am sure it was not that entertaining.
We barely made it into our van and got on the road home before a severe thunderstorm hit the area and were blessed enough to make the trip home in steady moving traffic in about 45 mins.
It was a nice day.
Tomorrow evening is my DH's company picnic at a minor league baseball game. We have invited our entire family so there will be 17 of us there. This is the kid's first time at a baseball game. One of my peeps has been trying to get us to go to one for months (another team) because she has become such a fan. Jewel Dawg, you may have some converts for next season.
I personally am not much of a sports fan but the kids and the guys might be.
Oh, and I forgot the big news! My big boy has decided to try out this potty training thing. He has been going potty all over town this week. We had to go to the Dr. on Thursday and he went there, then we went to Wal-mart and he went there and yesterday at the water park he went to the actual potty and not in the water (like I am sure he has always done in the past). It figures though that just as I buy a big box of diapers, he would stop using them. I guess once he is done, I will officially be done with babies and the mother of kids.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

It was a great day, and I was interested in your story!!!! It was the CONSTANT chanting of the SpongeBob Squarepants theme and the imitated character laughters emitting from our DD's mouths that were about to drive me over the edge. I considered drowning myself, but figured there had to be a better way of handling my frustration...
So i just screamed instead.
DNK is STILL afraid of doing the SpongeBob laugh. hehe.
(I guess the screaming worked!!!)

Lorrie said...

Oh, and TOTALLY love this new blog design. LOVE LOVE it.
I like the background color a lot.
I need to do a bit of changing up on mine soon huh?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the potty training. I thought my boys would never get it. I thought for sure they would be wearing depends to college!! LOL.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)