Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is it Saturday yet?

If I have to hear this question one more time, I think I will scream (not that much sound would come out right now)! My daughter knows that we are leaving on Saturday for Orlando and man is she excited. My son talks about Disney constantly and keeps saying he wants to see Mickey Mouse and Sweeping Booty.....you know, Aurora, the sweeping booty.....Oh! Wait, you may have heard of her by her OTHER name, Sleeping Beauty, but in our house she is the sweeping booty. My son, being ever the victim of television marketing has been fixated on this young lady for a week now ever since the commercials started advertising the re-release of the film. My daughter is looking forward to spending some money that is burning a hole in her pocket. She, being the typical female, is looking forward to going in the shops and looking. (It's enough to make a mother proud, LOL). All this excitement and it doesn't even compare to the excitement that "The Peeps" are having over our cruise. You should have seen the flurry of emails being sent across the world wide web yesterday. I would guess there was a MINIMUM of 100! Everything from discussing packing strategies to discussions about branding....you know like you brand cattle during a roundup...
Why on earth were we discussing that, you may ask? Well, if you have ever been on a cruise, you know how they have a lifeboat drill early the first evening to make sure that everyone knows their lifeboat station and how to put on a life jacket? Well, during the discussion yesterday it was likened to being in a cattle roundup. You feel like a herd of cattle being roundup to be counted. You stand there for what seems like hours in the hot sun waiting for everyone to get their lifejacket on, apparently this is a difficult thing for some people, and then you have to counted. The crew has to account for every passenger and seem to take an extraordinary amount of time doing it. The only difference between this and an actual roundup is that you are not branded and the men or steers are not castrated.....FUN! FUN! One of my girls actually thought she might like being branded.....I did say we were a crazy bunch didn't I? Well, we have 2 more days before we leave, there is no telling how many emails may be sent today....I am sure it will number in the thousands!
Have a great day!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)