Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day is here again already. Another year has passed so fast it makes my head spin.
I am thankful for so many things. My family, my home, my friends and most of all my Savior. Today, all over our great country, people will come together with their families and celebrate the fact that even though we have our problems and disagreements, God has blessed this country greatly over the years. A country founded on religious freedom and the belief that all men are created equal. Even though these beliefs are threatened, by God's grace, we still have them. Now I know that I do not normally get too deep on my blog but I am truly thankful that I live in a country where are still free.

Today, my family is gathering at the home of the newlyweds, my BIL and new SIL. They have graciously offered to host our Thanksgiving dinner. So I am getting ready to get busy cooking.
We have been up since 6:30 and I didn't even need to cook that early this year. Apparently my kids decided it was time to get up, you would have thought it was Christmas morning instead. They are really excited about seeing their cousins and the family today and Aunt Dawn is coming over this weekend with Sammy and they are excited about that too. My brother says that his mouth feels fine today which is a blessing. So Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!! Love ya!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)