Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Years - Day 5

I am not one for making New Year's resolutions but I am making on today (5 days Late). I resolve to be not as negligent in my blogging duties. For the entire months of November and December, I have seriously neglected my blog. I doubt very seriously that I have any readers left out there but just in case, I am going to be more dilegent from now on. I am late with the Happy New Year wishes because we went out of town suddenly on Jan. 1st for a funeral in my father-in-law's hometown. His 94 year old aunt passed away the day after Christmas and we went with him to the funeral. It is a sad fact that both my husband and my family members of the generation before our parents are now gone. It is hard to believe that we are both old enough now to technically be grandparents ourselves even though we have a 6 and 3 year old. I am glad that we DO NOT but the thought that we even could makes me feel so old.

I so dread the days when we will be dealing with the loss of the generation of our parents and aunts and uncles. Time has a way of creeping up on you. I know that sounds depressing but I am not looking at it that way. I am trying to learn to make the most of the time we have with our parents and also with our kids. We are not guaranteed even one more second on this Earth and I want my family and friends to know how much they all mean to me now.

Happy New Years!!!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about the death in the family though, and I hear you on the whole aging thing. I can't bear to think about losing any of my family.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)