Sunday, January 11, 2009

Have you ever been called this....(cover your eyes, this is not for the squeamish)

Yesterday's swim meet was filled with all the thrills and chills I promised in my last post. My niece and daughter both swam well and even placed in several events. All the kids joined in the madhouse that occurs when you have 40 kids and there parents and paraphernalia packed into a small gymnasium. Kids will be kids and these were no exception. They were running, jumping, and just playing in general. It was loud and this was exaggerated by the normal echoing that happens in a large open room. My nephew, a typical 3 year old boy, was playing right in the midst of the craziness with some of the "older" kids....the 6 year olds. He was getting very frustrated by the antics of two little girls and in his frustration he called one of them a name.....OH MY GRACIOUS!! Both girls came running to me, desperate to let me know of the verbal infraction. I happened to be watching him at the time because his mommy was in the pool area watching my niece compete. They were devastated by the terrible thing he said...they both demanded immediate action on my part for his deed! Oh no, what is an AUNT to do when her nephew verbally attacks another child with such terrible name calling?.....Well, are you ready? Here it comes......he called her a "Squirt Bottle"........a squirt bottle....what are his parents teaching him!.....
I choked by the shock and laughter and told my nephew in my most serious voice, "Buddy, we DO NOT call people names. That is not nice." and made him sit in time out. So please, be careful! Do not use such language in front of your kids, it may come back to haunt you. You may be just thinking you are asking your spouse to pass you a drink, you know..."Honey, please hand me that squirt bottle....." and next thing you know, you child is verbally offending a room full of innocent children by repeating it.....
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)