Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow................

It is so cold! I went to the post office yesterday afternoon around 4 pm and the water puddles on the street were still frozen over. That has not happened here in a long time. The weather reporters have used the "S" word several times and but as of yet, not even a flurry. It has been so long since we have had any significant snow here that my 3 year old, has no idea what it is like to build a snow man. The last big snow we had was 4 years ago on December 26, 2004. Isn't that sad? I remember the exact date.
We also had a bit of snow, enough to make a pitiful snowman, on Good Friday, just 2 days before Easter in 2007. I had forgotten this one but my SIL reminded me of having to dodge the melting snowman in the background of our Easter pictures that year. Can you tell that I would love to see some snow? I know it makes life difficult for those of you who leave home to work. I know that at least one of my readers, my Fashionista cousin in Indianapolis, probably has more than enough snow each year and probably thinks I am crazy to wish for it. But I do! I love to see it fall! I love the feel of the cold while playing in it with the kids. I love the feel of warmth when you come back in afterwards. I DON'T love the mess in my house with 50 lbs of wet, coats, gloves, socks, hats and stuff once everyone comes in or all the laundry to clean that up, but overall, I LOVE SNOW!
I have already discussed strategies with my SIL to get the kiddos together to play, if it does snow. Like meeting somewhere 1/2 way so that neither of us have to drive too far in the mess.
My husband loves the snow too. He depends on his work shutting down at least one day so that he can play too. So my prayer for today....Let it snow!
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)