Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh what a dreary day.....

It is a dreary day here on the East coast. It is rainy and gray and a perfect day to SLEEP! That particular activity is not part of the daytime plan for next six months. SCHOOL is a huge part of the plan. Yesterday was our first day back after a 2 week plus break. I say two week plus because the week before the actual Christmas/New Year's break that I planned to take, we were dealing with sickness and doctor's visits so we missed a few days. Now it is particularly difficult getting my students back into the swing. My boy, the 3 year old, is more agreeable to the plan than the one who legally MUST be in school. She makes every excuse under the moon not to do what needs to be done. But I forge onward towards the goal of finishing first grade by June 1st.

After finishing our school day yesterday, we finished the De-Christmasing that did not get done over the weekend due to our unexpected trip. The kids and I finished taking everything down with the exception of our two 7 1/2 foot trees. The boxes of which are in the attic of our shed out in the marshland that is our backyard right now after all this rain. My DH will be responsible for taking these down and putting them away (since he hasn't lifted a pinky to help with any of the rest of it!). It seems strange having two trees in the house with no lights (well one is pre-lit but I have removed the extension cord so it can not be turned on) or decorations. My son is having a hard time saying goodbye to Christmas this year. I think he thought we were taking everything down just to redecorate. He keeps asking where our lights are and when are we putting the decorations back on. I have explained but he keeps saying, but it's Chrissssmas!

My daughter has moved on though. She is already talking about what she wants for Valentine's day. Apparently she thinks this too is a gift giving, no that is not right...a gift receiving holiday.
Although since she doesn't really eat candy, I guess she has gotten a small toy each Valentine's day every year in her short life. Her poor husband will be in for a treat when she grows up!

I am so bummed that today my peeps are getting together to celebrate the birthday of Lil'K and I will not be there. My DH's work is so backed up from the holidays that he could not watch the kids for the hour and a half or so to enable me to attend but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL'K! and thanks for having us over last week, we had a blast.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)