Saturday, November 24, 2007

I need help.....

This morning at 5:20 am, picture it...The kids are sleeping soundly (for a change)...The hubby has gotten up early to watch TV (since it is the only time he can watch the news in peace)...I have the entire bed to myself to stretch out and get 3 more hours of sleep and ......do I? NO!!! Thoughts of the day and Christmas decorating and shopping enter my head and I am trying to figure out how I am going to make room for our Christmas tree in our toyfilled (is that a word?) family room. I am mentally rearranging all the furniture, marking off what needs to get out for good, and thinking of what I could do to place the tree in a "safe" spot (you know free from the possibility of being bumped in the frenzy of playing that goes on every day in this house). Then thoughts go to the stores and what to get for the birthday party we are going to today. Next thing I know, I am wide awake and thinking that maybe the next 3 hours of kid-free time would be better spent preparing for trauma of decorating and doing damage control. So here I am now wondering why I am out of bed when my eyes are so heavy they can barely stay open and on the computer instead of "doing" any of what I got up to do. Like I said earlier...l need help...

2 comments:

Darleen said...

Tracey, I do the exact same thing. Once I am up, I am up and I spend more time doing things mentally then i do in "real" time. I hope that your house came together and there are no falling trees. Darleen

Lorrie said...

You crazy girlfriend. Just crazy! I say, STAY IN BED AND THINK. It always bored me back to sleep!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)