Thursday, November 22, 2007

The turkey's in the oven and the sun isnt up yet.....

It is 5:30 am on Thanksgiving morning and I have a big cup of java in my favorite cup (my Minnie Mouse one that holds more coffee than I care to admit to drinking). The turkey is in the oven and I am cooking sweet taters for my world famous (just kidding) sweet potato souffle'. I have had a special request from my beautiful niece for some grandma style lima beans (the secret is letting them cook forever and putting in a little bit of sugar) When an eight year old requests a vegetable because she loves it, you just can't refuse. I am also trying a new recipe from the newspaper for individual pineapple upside down cakes made in a muffin pan so that each one has a pineapple ring with a cherry in the middle. It looked so cute and tasty that I hope it turns out as good as it looked. My SIL and "Mom" are taking care of the biggies (the turkey and ham) so I am bringing bunches of side items. The turkey in the oven is for my family to have turkey leftovers over the weekend. The kids are so excited about seeing their favorite people today. My daughter and niece have already made plans for a play date for their kids (LOL, their baby alive dolls, Veronica and Christie). My "Dad" is hopefully cooking the collards. It is a tradition. We are meeting some new hopefully future family members today so pray that all the kids are on their best behavior. Not to mention their MOMS, lol, my SIL knows what I mean. We have a tendency when we get together to have a lot of silliness. I am sure my sweet husband has a nap chair already in mind. He won't admit to it but I know he is planning a nap. My brother is hoping someone offers to let him watch football. The weather is suppose to be fairly warm today and hopefully nice so maybe there will be a walk after the big lunch/dinner so that we can make room for dessert. Can you tell I am excited about Thanksgiving dinner with my family. This is one of my favorite days of the year. Not for the food but for the time with some of my favorite people in this world, MY FAMILY!!!!
God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have read this post Thanksgiving morning :-)

he he
(your future SIL)

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)