Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things that make you go Hmmm.....

No Arsenio Hall is not coming back to late night TV. I was reading the news about some of the things criminals do to escape being captured. The guy that jumped in a pond full of alligators to avoid police and got eatened though takes the cake. I remember numerous stories of criminals trying to enter or exit a home through the chimney and getting stuck. There was even one case in England where apparently the homeowners left him there or the house was empty (they weren't sure which) and the guy died in there, stuck. They didn't discover it til years later when the new owners had the chimney cleaned while remodeling the old home and discover his remains still wedged in there. What really amazes me is that people actually seem to be shocked that someone could be so dumb as to do these things. They are petty low end criminals to begin with not rocket scientists or even the more successful white collar criminals. There was even one guy lately who was robbing a convenience store and got caught when he was trying to run out the door, his baggy pants (you know the ones we all love to hate, where the waist is hanging down to the knees to begin with) fell down and he tripped over them, fell to ground and knocked himself out. You have to just laugh. I know this blog is off my normal topic but I just have to say Hmmmm...
BTW, I got a very important piece of advice from a friend of mine that turned 43 yesterday. She said to make sure that you go to the bathroom first thing in the morning after that particular birthday, apparently at that particular age, if you cough with a full bladder....well, you can figure out the rest.....I hated to tell her that 43 wasn't the magic age and that she was lucky to have made it that far. I think that motherhood does that to you. You get so use to "holding" it that you eventually loose all control. Laughing, coughing, hiccuping, and yes, even blinking is just too much stress on that particular muscle....Why do you think the bladder control industry is booming and I don't mean Huggies and Pampers. Happy Belated Birthday to my "Gangsta Peep", Flava K!!!!!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Looks like Flava K is a STAR today... she made my blog too. You really shoulda been there....we missed you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks ya'll, I've always dreamed of being in the spotlight. But I was hoping it would have been about something more glamorous! I guess I better take what I can get. So, I'll share my proceeds.ha.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)