Monday, November 26, 2007

We have a new member of our family....

Yesterday was a busy day. We went to church and actually made it at a reasonable lateness and not extremely late. We went to lunch with my sister to my favorite Mexican restaurant and had some yummy crab and shrimp enchiladas. Soooo tasty. Even my husband who is not a big fan of Mexican food, said that he would order that next time. My husband is a very picky eater and will not try new things but I encouraged him to try mine and he did and really liked it. We will be finishing up our turkey tonight but needed a break yesterday. We got the tree finished, THE ONE and ONLY tree for those who have a tree in every room and YOU know who you are. I considered putting one in the classroom and it still may get put up but I have to send the man out to the shed to get it so we'll see. Anyway, back to the subject of today's blog, our new addition. We have been discussing a pet for our kids for 2 years now. My daughter loves animals and has wanted a dog forever. I just am not ready for that kind of responsibility again and my husband wasn't ready for the financial obligation (LOL) and he got so attached to the last three dogs in his life and hated when he lost them to old age. Anywho, we talked it over with a vet friend of ours and she recommended we get a guinea pig. She said they were great for kids and had little upkeep other than cleaning the cage every other day or so. So yesterday, we went looking at the local petshop and saw the cutest little baby guinea pig. He was so calm and sweet and our girl (and her mom) kind of fell for him. So after some major negotiation with daddy and some really intense begging and pinky swearing (about behavior), we walked out of the pet store with "Brownie" I feel I can put his name in here and not violate my agreement with my cybersafety cop, my husband. There may even be a picture of the little "B" man soon, since I have big plans to actually take Christmas pictures of my kids today so I can get my cards out in the mail soon. I am almost completely finished with my shopping. I need to get one more nephew something and get gifts for our Nasty Santa exchange and I will be done. Sounds great doesn't it. Jealous aren't you! Don't hate.....I'm sure I'll have a epiphany and realize that I have missed about 80 people that I must buy for......Well that is all the updating for today....
Have a blessed day!!!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

I KNOW you aren't talking about ME! I don't have a tree in DH's office, my bedroom, either bathroom or the diningroom.
You have to post a pic of your baby soon.... I promis not to know it's you guys!! lol.

Lorrie said...

Besides.... Jewel Dawg started the NUMEROUS tree thing!!! {me- passing the blame!}

Hartman said...

Congratulations guys....keep us posted on how it is going and get that picture posted. Where are you keeping him....in the kids room?

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)