Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anyone got a big S that I can put on a necklace....

You know, S for SUCKER. I know I have blogged about my neighbor who calls periodically and suckers me into having a playdate at my house for her daughter and mine. Everytime, I whine about how rude it is to invite her kid over to my house but NEVER invite my kid to come to her house, but then I still say sure bring her over. I need to borrow a backbone and just say no. It is just so hard when she says that her little girl has been begging to come play with mine. The truth is that little Miss Sarah has no interest in playing with my girl, she wants to come eat snacks and play with her toys. She is 4 and my girl is almost 6 1/2 and they are nothing alike. (other than both being bossy and use to being in charge). She comes and is starving because she just got home from school and pulls out all kinds of toys and terrorizes poor Brownie and just basically ignores both of my children. Then she goes in my fridge and asks for chocolate milk. I tell her I don't have chocolate milk and she tells me, you have chocolate syrup....I tell her that I will make her some but she will have to wait til her mom comes to get it because I need to make sure she isn't allergic to milk or chocolate. Her mom was suppose to be back to get her in 10 mins. so I did not think it was that long to ask her to wait. So after her 1 1/2 hour visit, we had to clean up the mess and my daughter said, I don't like her. Of course, I tell her that we are not going to like everyone but we have to be kind and polite to them because that is what Jesus would want us to do. What I want to say is, I don't like her or her mom and she never has to come over again but....we have to be kind and polite to everyone because that is what Jesus would want us to do........

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

ok, so playdate, or BABYSITTER?
I got both a big S for your necklace, and a backbone you can borrow.
But, i'm wondering, did Jesus say we have to be taken advantage of, or are we allowed to stand our ground.
Might have to do some checking up on that. Cause it might just be the same thing as turning the other cheek or something.
Hmmmmm.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)