Monday, September 15, 2008

Time for Day 2 of allergy testing......

Anyone have a pressing emergency to call me out of town? My kids are disgustingly healthy at this point and time so I can't play the sick kid card.....The van is fairly new so I can't play the broken down vehicle card......Oh well, guess I'm going to have to suck it up, build a bridge and head on over to the torture chamber they call a doctor's office.

My SIL and I made it out for some shopping therapy on Saturday to Kohls with only one child and it was the one that actually LOVES to clothes shop, my almost 9 year old niece. I got a cute pair of chocolate brown bermuda shorts and a green and brown shirt that I really like. I am really digging these new color combos. Well, not really new but still...I love the brown/pink and brown/baby blue from last year and now the brown/green has really caught my eye. I could do a lot of damage to our checking account balance at Kohls if I stayed there long. Fortunately, for my husband that is, we were shopping off the clearance rack and the shorts were 80% off so I got them for $7 and the shirt was $12. Since it was 90 plus degrees here yesterday, I wore them to church right away. Now I know we are suppose to retire our summer stuff after labor day but it was hot and they are fall colors so I figure it was a good compromise.

We also went to Target' (pronounced Tar Jay, for those of you who did not realize it was a French fashion boutique). This is the best time to get the kiddos some summer clothes for next year. We laughed a lot and took much longer than our husbands expected. My BIL had surgery last Monday on his throat and has been in a lot of pain but he came over with his family anyway since he was hoping that he was over the hump and on the way to recovery. He was not! The poor guy didn't even have the energy to pick on me like he normally does. I am expecting some serious slams later this week though when he is back to normal. So anyway, I made homemade chicken noodle soup just for him and we let the kids play until late. Overall, we had a really nice weekend except for the fact that it was so hot and not an open pool to be found (outside that is, since we could have gone to the Y). My kids just don't understand that the pools closed on Labor day since summer was over and yet it was so hot....Come to think of it, I don't understand either.....Where are our nice fall temps?

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Hope you've survived your pin cushion attack #2.
Sorry i didn't read this early enough in the day to try to come up with an emergency for you.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)