Monday, September 29, 2008

I got me a sunburn....

My SIL and I had a garage sale this weekend and it was so hot and sunny that got a sunburn on my arms and face. We have worked hard for the last weekends with this and after Saturday, we hauled all the leftover stuff to the thrift store. It was a lot of work but it was beneficial to both families in more than one way. We both cleared out a ton of toys and stuff AND made some money.
Would I do it again? Not anytime soon! But yes, I would do it again. I also got some really nice metal, locking storage cabinets to put in my classroom from a local private school that has closed.
I have two bookcases in there now but they are not very deep and the kids mess with the stuff on the shelves and junk it up. Now I have three deep, bigger cabinets to organize stuff in and I can close the doors and lock them. I am planning on using one for an overflow pantry. I love anything that gets my house/garage more organized and neat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your garage sale worked for you, because they are alot of work. I did one and said never again.

Lorrie said...

Woo Hooo! I have never had a garage sale. Way too much work.. glad yours was a success!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)