Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fed up with election stuff!!!

Ok, I know that I don't normally get too serious here on my own personal forum but today, I just want to say that I am officially fed up! My husband has watched so much CNN coverage in the last 7 months since we got our new LCD screen tv that the CNN symbol is burnt into the screen even when the kids are watching ...well, I'd like to go high brow and say "The History Channel" or "Discovery Kids" but lets be honest and say SpongeBob Squarepants. They are starting to wonder why Patrick got a new tshirt that says CNN across the front....
My DH and I actually could not fall asleep the other night after an immensely busy day at the amusement park because we were too busy talking about the newest VP scandal. The news reporters were in a feeding frenzy and could not decide which story was meatier, the scandal or the hurricane. Sad!!!
I can honestly say that I have never lost sleep over an election before in my life. I was blissfully ignorant in the past but now I have the CNN news ticker running through my mind even as I sleep. I can not honestly say that I feel any better about making an informed choice in the upcoming election, as a matter of fact, I feel like the more I know, the more uneasy I am about either choice. So I think I am going to go with this choice (picture below). At least with this person, you have no expectations and will not be disappointed.......(Just as a side note, Photo shop is a scary thing in the hands of a stay at home mom with a warped sense of humor.)

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Umm. I'd vote for her only if she promises to keep her legs closed and her clothes on.
Oh, and if she will share her wealth with the worlds hungry children.
So, since we all know that NONE of those things will happen, we're back in the same predictament as we were before..
The lesser of two evils.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)