Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back in the trenches yet again.....

What a way to get back into the swing of schooling my kids. I have one that has a bladder infection and one that is yet again, let us say...backed up...Actually this is a self-inflicted predicament for my boy. He has decided that he will allow nothing "out"...ever! His daddy and I see him doing this but his muscles "there" are strong and we have a hard time making him relax. So I could say it was just another normal day in "Snoozerville" but we are actually in "Pottyville" this week. My girl is already starting to feel more normal which is a blessing. The pediatrician recommended a daily dose of powdered Miralax be added to the boy's juice to make it more difficult for him to continue with his new power trip. Apparently this is a very common thing for kiddos that they see often.
We did try getting back into the swing of school today even with all the drama. My girl was thrilled with it....NOT! I kept hearing "Do we have to do this?" "Can't I have just one more day?" "I don't want to read, its not fun!" and from my boy, "Go see Amnimals!". I really just wanted to throw my hands up and say fine, lets go! But we do have plans again this Friday to spend the day with another of my BFFs and her family. The kids are getting so spoiled with all this running around. They think we are suppose to be running the roads everyday now.
Well, thats whats going on with us. Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Darleen said...

Welcome to Pottyville.....your dr is right, especially for boys, they think that it actually may be a form of separation anxiety (sounds weird, huh?). Anyway, good luck with that. Good luck with getting back in the swing of things, that is one thing I always find hard to do...

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)