Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flowering the weed garden......

It is that lovely time of the year where I haul my aging body outside and get down on my hands and knees and begin weeding the flowerbeds to get them ready for some flowers and then mulch.
This year the weeds are so heavy and thick that I have dreaded it for weeks and have actually been glad that the weekends were rainy so I had an excuse not to get out there. Today however, it is a lovely warm Spring morning here in Snoozerville and I have run out of excuses (other than the fact that my back and knees will barely survive the strain). So this morning, I am contemplating getting out there. It would actually be so much easier just to let the weeds go and just yank up the few flowers that have come back from last year......(hence, my title), but that would not be as satisfactory in the long run. My girl and her daddy and uncle are off to another all day swim meet. Her last one of the season. She had to be 45mins away from home at 6:30 this morning, therefore, her mother and brother opted to stay home this time. Actually, I did not feel it was a good idea to haul my boy out of bed at 5:30 am just to go and sit around in a room for 6 to 8 hours (this is a regional finals meet so it is a seriously long one). Here at home, he can watch a movie or two, go outside and play (while momma is weeding) and take a nap (if he does). Ok, guess I have stalled long enough.....have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

i can relate, i need to get some weeding done,but i just keep walking by those stinky old weeds and think, "next weekend"

Lorrie said...

When you're done with yours, you can come flower my weed garden too!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)