Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally recovered?....and some exciting news!

My friend Doodlemom had it right! I was too tired from our Friday trip to BG to blog until today....that and the fact that my hubby was sick with a cold and in need of "Mommy's" attention. You know how guys can be when they are sick. The kids and I went to the local amusement park on Friday with my BFF from high school and her family plus some of the sweetest friends you would ever meet. There were 7 adults and 8 kids and apparently all of us were interchangeable. It was great to see that there are still some 11 year old boys left in the world than can be respectful and sweet enough to help take care of younger little annoying GIRLS! Both of those sweet boys helped with my 5 year old and did not complain a bit (if they did, I totally missed it!). They let her follow them around and took her on several rides and also spent their own money to buy her a little stuffed wolf. I think my girl may have even developed a mini crush on both of them. Not only that but I got to spend time with my oldest and dearest friend (and I don't mean oldest as in age, just in length of friendship!). Her friends were so wonderful. They were so kind and gave me a lot of help with my two kids (since I had the two youngest kids and I was the only one without a husband there to help out.). We were there from a little after opening to a little after closing and the kids barely made it to the van until they crashed hard. My little man got his face painted and the first thing he did when he woke up on Saturday was run to the bathroom to make sure his dragon mask was still there. It was too since he was sleeping so hard when I got home that I did not want to wake him up to wash his face. He was so mad at me when I did finally hold him down to wash it off late in the afternoon on Sat.

Ok, now hold onto your hats girls, here is my exciting news! A few weeks ago my peep, Scrappy D who lives in Florgia (Her own name she gave to the small town in Georgia that is just a stone's throw from Florida) sent out an email telling us of a "Cropping Cruise" that left Port Canaveral for a 4 day Bahama cruise in October of this year. I thought for sure that my DH would say that it was a big NEGATORY (and he did, at first), but when it became obvious that several of the peeps were planning to go AND I played the "The crop is just one week before my 40th (UGH!) birthday and it would make a great present!" card, he agreed to let me go. I still held off on mentioning it until now because it was hard to get everyone together to work out the registering details until Scrappy D took charge and handled it for us. THANK YOU SCRAPPY D!!!!
So now we are all registered and looking forward to a week with the girls!!! We have even got The OCD to swallow her fears of cruising and seasickness and she is going to give it a try!!! YEAH!! So it is going to be me, The OCD, Baby Duck (trying out her little ducky webbed feet in the Carribean), Scrappy D and ....ok she doesn't have a gangsta scrappa name but if she is going to keep coming with us on our getaways (which we are so happy that she is), she is going to need a name.....let's see....how about the Mac Daddy M or....Iced Coffee (you know, like the rapper Iced T except we like coffee...)...Ok girls, we need name!!! Anyway its the 4 of us from here and then 3 more in Florgia that are going and possibly one more (Oh please Lil' K, say that you are giving up your future career in health care to come with us!). I am so looking forward to this!!!!
Well that is all the updating I have for today. I know I have been kind of slack lately with my bloggin' . Hope you are still bothering to check in on me!!!
Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Darleen said...

i loved the pic of Little Man with his face painted, super cute!! He is growing leaps and looks very senatorial and possibly Presidenial(wink!wink!). I am glad that you are looking forward to the crop n cruise, we are still one short, I have no cabin mate (insert sad face). Anyone, up for the challenge? I don't snore!

Hartman said...

That is fantastic Tracey...have a blast!!!

Lorrie said...

WE GOING CRUISIN'! WE GOING CRUISIN'! AND GOING SCRAP SOME! I personally like Mac Daddy M... I'll consult her on her gansta name and get back to you on that!! lol.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)