Sunday, June 22, 2008

ALOHA!!!! We are off to Outrigger's Island.....

Tomorrow morning bright and early, the kids and I are off to the tropics for a week long adventure at Outrigger's Island. Every morning this week we will be rolling out of bed, rushing around like nuts, and hitting the road to our church at 8 am for Vacation Bible School. Today, my girl and I went back after church to decorate my room for the festivities. I will be taking care of the Crawlers (I think that is pretty self explanatory but just in case, those are the babies between the age of 6 mos to whenever they decide to start walking...) of the other VBS workers. VBS is technically only for children from age 4 to 10 (or the year they complete 5th grade) but we also have the nursery through age 3 for the children who's parents are volunteering to work for the week. My girl had a blast at VBS last year but my son, who is very attached to his momma, was not so happy to be away from me for 4 hours every day for a week. By Weds. last summer, I pretty much had to force him to get in the van in the mornings. I am hoping that he has more fun this year since he is older and can do more. My kids are disappointed that their cousins will not be able to attend this year because they have prior commitments.

Oh, and if you are wondering if we made it out of Snoozerville yesterday, (Saturday) we did! Or I think we did. We crashed my BIL's condo pool and also it was the day of their annual condo pool social so we crashed that too. Me, the kiddos, my partner in crime (my SIL) and her kids just up and crashed it! We had fun too. This kiddos played for about 2 hours in the pool, we got a free lunch and then crashed my BIL's home for showers before allowing him to buy us dinner at the local pizzeria and bring it to my house. We have this GREAT little family pizza shop in our little town that makes the MOST AWESOME Chicken Alfredo pizza with mushrooms. It is SO good! It has ruined us for any of that crappy Dominoes or Pizza Hut junk (well except my daughter, she is really disappointed that we don't get Dominoes cinnamon sticks anymore, they are her SECOND favor sweet snack. Her first one is a warm Churro (described in a previous post) from the local water park.) We were such Rebels yesterday! My DH and her DH (The MEAN one!) were busy helping my other BIL move some of his stuff out of his place to his future bride's place near our home and said pizzeria. The kids really enjoyed another prolonged visit with their cousins.
We had a big moment of drama later in the evening as we had just finished dinner. My youngest nephew started crying and it was obvious he had gotten hurt as he fell off or got hit by the recliner (not sure exactly what happened). The adults ran to check on him and the next thing I know, they are screaming for him to breath and his mom is getting really upset because it appeared he was turning blue and no sound was coming out. My DH and their brother were trying to calm her down and I grabbed my nephew and flipped him upside down over my arm and hit him in the back. He then started crying and it was obvious that he had regained his breath but it was VERY scary for a few moments there. We never did completely understand what happened. He was not choking but apparently somehow forgot to breath in his shock? That is the best we can figure. Anyway, God is good and he is fine and was soon running around like nothing had happened. His mom, aunt and uncles were very shaken by the experience. There is nothing worse than having a child that you love to be turning blue and going limp in your arms and feeling like there was nothing you could do. Thankfully, God gave us the wisdom to get through it!
Well, that was our weekend!!! Hope you had a great one!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

no snoozerville in your house this weekend! i am kinda thinking there might be a kid movie in your "pool party crashing".....will i be seeing you this week??

Hartman said...

Scary stuff!! Hallelujah he is alright...smart thinking on your part Trace!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)