Saturday, June 28, 2008

VBS wrap-up, WALL-E, and my little gift from the babies....

Hi all!
Just stopping by to give you an update. VBS was great. I think the final count for the week was actually 1027 in attendance (which was probably about 800 kids and the rest workers). Overall, it was a great week with the babies. They were so sweet that they gave me a parting gift...a stinkin' Cold/Virus! I woke up with a scratchy throat yesterday and by the time I was done with VBS at 12:30, I had a full fledge cold kicking in. Its a doosy too! I have been miserable since yesterday afternoon. I think out of a class of 10-12 babies, at least 6 of them had runny noses all week so I have no idea which one's snot was the culprit, LOL.
We rushed right out of VBS and met some of our peeps and peepettes at the local AMC theater to be some of the first people to see the new Disney/Pixar movie, "Wall-E". It was a good movie. Not my favorite Pixar movie but good. It had some pretty heavy subject matter for the kiddos and definitely had a environmentalist/green feel to it and to be honest, I was a little creeped out by the pet cockroach....UGH!!
Afterwards the kids and I ran to the Optometrist office to pick up my new glasses and then home where I crashed hard with this cold. I am going to taking to my bed for the day since we have big plans for tomorrow. I am just hoping my babies don't get it too.
Have a great Saturday!!!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)