Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Picture this.....please don't laugh too hard...

DISCLAIMER: The above picture is for visual stimulation to put you into the right frame of mind for the following story and is not a photo of the actual event....Thankyou
It was a beautiful, hot day. My neighbor has one of those quickset pools with the blown-up ring and the soft sides that has a pump. Its a pretty large pool and she had told me that we were welcome anytime to play in said pool while she was at work. Yesterday, I thought it would be a wonderful treat to take the munchkins next door for an hour or so of sun and fun. It started off nice enough. My DD was swimming, my DS was playing with some pool toys and I was floating on a floating lounger.....It was great. I was seriously considering telling my husband that regardless of what he thought of the damage it would do to the grass and the pain of the upkeep, we were getting one! That's when IT happened. I had gotten off the lounger and was playing with my kids when my son fell back against me and in the process of catching him I slipped too. The side of the pool collapsed and he and I rode the wave into the yard on my backside. We were in shock. We didn't know what hit us. I am thankful that I rode out on a wave because this old body dropping 3 feet to the ground may have left me in traction for a month but the water cushioned the fall. I hopped off the ground as quickly as possible and immediately tried to lift the side of the pool so that hundreds of gallons of water would STOP flowing out of it. I felt terrible! We had broken my neighbors pool!. I did get the side back up and then started adding more water back fully intending to explain what happened to my neighbor. My son kept saying , "I want to ride the waterfall again!!!!" He thought it was on purpose! He loved this new ride!

My neighbors daughter came home and came outside. The first thing out of her mouth when she saw that the hose was in the pool "Did the pool collapse again?" I was so relieved. We did not break their pool. Apparently it had happened the day before too and that it was not set on completely flat ground which made it more likely to collapse. When she got home, we helped my neighbor move it to another part of the yard and reset it. After our adventure down the waterfall, I decided to skip the quick set pool in our backyard.......

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Yep... we had one of those pools 2 summers ago. Nice when it was up. Not so nice when it collapsed on us. 3 times I think. It's in a heap in the garage right now...
Jewel Dawg had a really nice one too... her's did the same thing.
Now we join the neighborhood pool instead! lol.

Hartman said...

good old Jordan...looking on the bright side!!! "Catch a wave and your sittin' on top of the world"....Beach Boys

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)