Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blind as a bat.....or maybe its a mole......

Hi there! Yesterday was the day of our big, exciting optometrist appointment. It was SO much fun! My girl did great. She was very co-operative and it did not hurt that the Dr was young, very cute and very nice AND had his doggy at work with him in his office (we found this out because we had to walk past it on the way to the restroom). It was a sweet old bassett hound (Scrappy D, i thought of you!) named Eiserman (get it EYE zer man....) he had droopy eyes and droopy ears and was just as cute as can be. I think my girl realized that any guy who was too kindhearted to leave his doggy at home alone on a Saturday morning, had to be a nice guy. He was probably about 30 years old and was wearing jeans and a tight polo which showed how built he was and was just gorgeous. You could almost imagine the six pack under there.....I am sure his life partner was just so proud....yes, my GAY-dar was set off....he was just too nice and too stylishly dressed and well.....'nuff said 'bout that! Anyway, my girl did great. She is slightly far sighted and may have to get glasses in the future but he said that he did not want to saddle her with them since she was so beautiful (YES. he said that!) and it was not affecting her reading but that we would keep an eye on it.

I actually went first but when I told him that I had been having pink eye symptoms off and on all Spring and that I thought maybe it was allergies, he said he would take a look. He put a variety of eye drops in my eyes ( I felt like he was making a witch's brew in my eye sockets, there were so many) and then I had to wait until they took effect/affect (not sure of the proper word there..). So after he was done with my girl, it was my turn again. I had an eye infection in both eyes AND the eye doctor I saw last year had totally messed up my prescription. He said that he normally would never say anything negative about another doctor but this guy had really messed up.....NICE HUH? Anywho, he gave me a prescription for some more drops and changed my glass prescription. I left the exam room...blind as a bat. I could not see very well at all and I was expected to pick out frames??? oh and drive home??? So I called my DH and told him my predicament and then went to pick out frames....I was truly at the mercy of this 20 something girl...I mean "Optician" who basically picked them for me and then I picked out frames for new sunglasses...now these I could see a little better since they had tinted lenses which blocked out the glaring light in my uber-dilated eyes...So $417 later (thats two pair of glasses and two eye exams AFTER insurance) which was pretty good since every set of frames in the office were marked Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce & Gabanna, Anne Klein, Prada.....I am not sure which one I got...I think the cheapest designer there was probably Guess and Fossil.....Anyway, when you see my in my new glasses (which will be here in about 2 weeks), you may say, WOW that is one cutting edge FASHIONISTA.....or you may say, WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT ALMOST 40 YEAR OLD THINKING? And I will only have to say....I was blind at the time.......

2 comments:

Hartman said...

You were getting a little carried away with the description of the doctor there. He sounded great and then you through in the gay thing....

Lorrie said...

Good thing you mentioned your "Gay-dar" I was starting to pray for you girl.. sounded a bit lustful to me. (NOT that I was starting to lust here myself or anything..hehehe)
Oh, and about the glasses - I'm sure you'll be all that and a bag o chips!! I can't wait to see them!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)