Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun in the sun....

My kids have been wanting to go to the local water park for a while now so I shot out an email to the Peeps to see if anyone would join us. My so called "Peeps" all bailed on me, they had other plans or tattoos to keep covered up or some such nonsense....My SIL and the cousins don't have passes this year (and she has injured her back, keep her in your prayers please...) so we ventured forth alone.....We actually had a great time. The kids set the pace for the day and it was a beautiful day and the park was not very crowded. We discovered that one area of the park had been redone and at first the kids were disappointed but soon discovered that the changes were much more fun!
They took out some of the slides that I considered too dangerous and replaced them with some new ones that my daughter tried out and loved! They also revamped this obstacle course feature that was way too difficult for her and made it more kid friendly. We got our obligatory Churro (a long stick type thing of crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside fried dough dipped in cinnamon and sugar, just in case you did not know) on the way out and got home before the traffic got to bad. All in all, a fun time. We missed having the peeps or cousins but we still had a great time. And this pasty girl (LOL, inside joke, sorry) only got slightly scorched.

Today, is going to be catchup day on the laundry (a waterpark visit ALWAYS creates tons of it), cleaning and stuff. Tomorrow, my nephew (the furry one) Sammy is coming for a stay while his parents are on a trip. My daughter has been counting down the days for months now and is so excited that it is finally here tomorrow. She just can't wait to have a dog for four whole days!
Hopefully Sammy will survive, missing his mom and dad for the week. They have spoiled him shamelessly for months now.
Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go next week. I am aching for a day at the water park.
{pasty} LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darleen said...

I can finally comment because I am @ work...I hate reading posts @ home and not being able to say SOMETHING...you know me, I've got to have the LAST word!! I'm sorry your smelly ole peeps stood you up. But I am so glad that you had a fun day with the kiddos. I want to hear about these changes....very interesting. Good luck with Sammy, fun! fun!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)