Monday, June 16, 2008

Notice to book club peeps....

Girls, I finished the book! I am going to the library today to see if they have some of her other books since I am too cheap to buy another right now. We have a library trip planned for today anyway. The kids are excited about going.

I have no amusing anecdotes or stories for today's post. We went to church yesterday and out to lunch at my daughter and husband's favorite restaurant...Texas Roadhouse. Not my favorite though. The food is good but I have real issues with the peanut shells on the floor. Anyone who knows me, knows that it is almost painful for me to see that mess and not clean it up. I found myself (as we waited for 45 mins!), using my feet to clean the spot around the area that we were sitting....I would have paid for a shop-vac to start cleaning the mess.....It is sad to be this sick....
Anyway, they enjoyed it and then we went to the pet store for a visit. I say a visit because we did not need to buy anything, my kids just wanted to look at the animals....I think my son thinks its a miniature zoo.....And then we went to see Papa and Nana for Father's day. We took Papa his favorite, peanuts from Texas Roadhouse and a card with the real gift inside. The kiddos had fun exploring the Nana and Papa Nature Preserve....Apparently all the grandkids think that is what their backyard is. My niece and nephews and kids explore it with the thoroughness of scientists. They have collected seeds, bugs and have observed nature at its best in Nana and Papa's backyard. Yesterday my two had a blast looking at spider webs, birds nests and checking out the garden. They also got into Papa's trailer and collected a variety of nuts, bolts and washers. You would have thought they were finding gold. Finally we went home for some icecream and then off to bed. It was a full day. I later discover the unexpected gift of nature all over my legs, arms and the knuckles of my toes.....What on Earth is she talking about, you say?
Mosquito bites. I spent the entire evening itching and there is no worse spot to get a mosquito bite than on the knuckle of your toes or finger.
So, that is our weekend in a nutshell...Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day!

2 comments:

Hartman said...

So maybe I shouldn't invite you to the Logan's we have near here with the same peanuts on the floor deal? They do have medication for that...!! :-)

Lorrie said...

I love Roadhouse. Even with the shells. Although, I just CAN NOT add to the mess. lol.

Oh, and I am TRYING to finish the book. I'm about half way there!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)