Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brownzilla update since he is the STAR!

Brownie has guinea pig fleas, or the equivalent. They say that he probably had them from the time we bought him, as most pet store piggies are infested with them and that they just became a problem recently. They looked him over, sold me a supply of Revolution (a flea controller for dogs/cats in the puppy/kitten strength) and said to completely clean his cage and sanitize it (even though I just did on Saturday) and retreat in 2 weeks. They also clipped his nails. So $110 dollars later...yeah you read it right....we walked out of the vets. Brownie's nail clipping was $19.96. He got a 20 dollar pedicure! I have never even had a pedicure and my guinea pig got a $20 one!!!! His visit was $50, his meds were $40. I would have thought they would include the nail clipping in the office visit since she spent less than 2 mins in the room. Ok, nuff whining, my grandson is worth it. Hopefully he will be itch free soon.

Well, I gotta go get ready to take the kiddos to the dentist. Cleanings all around. We'll see how well mom and dad have been brushing and if those skittles that my girl loves so much is doing any damage. Then its off to Wally world. I hate going with the munchkins but since we will be less than a mile from one and gas is so high, I will have to suck it up, put on my big girl britches and take care of the job at hand. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

have fun at the dentist. Glad brownie is ok, and have TONS of fun at Wally World. Ewwww..

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)