Monday, March 24, 2008

Coming down off our sugar high...

My family enjoyed our Easter. My kids don't get much candy on a regular basis but on Easter they get all the candy their little stomachs (and teeth) can handle. I just let them have at it, because whatever is left will most likely get thrown away soon. It is funny though, the thing they want the most is bubblegum. We all had a little more candy than any other time of the year. Daddy got his Kitt Katt bars, my brother got his Snickers bars, The kids got their gum and Starburst and I had my Skittles. Then we went to Nana and Papa's and the kids got a 25 pound (just kidding but it is huge) solid chocolate bunny and more Starburst and Uncle L. got 2 packages of Reese's cup eggs (that is 16 of those suckers). I've got enough candy to restock our concession stand for the swim team! We had a Easter egg hunt after we got home from Nana and Papa's and then the kids had a bubble fight. They both got these little battery operated bubble guns in their basket so they just "shot" bubbles at each other. Mommy and daddy even got in on the action. It is so funny, kids don't even have to blow their own bubbles anymore. Now they have battery operated blowers that take all that stress away. Maybe if we had not had to blow our own bubbles as children, we would be better adjusted adults.....Just a thought...
anyway, I digress. When we got tired of freezing our hienies off, we came in and had dinner and watched "Snow White". The kids spent a little more time brushing their teeth last night than usual. All in all, it was a nice day. I hope yours was wonderful too.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

sounds like a fun day!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)