Friday, March 21, 2008

Oucherooni!!!

Okay, just in case you haven't had your weekly dose of anti-oxidants, how about a glass of WHINE!
(Ha, Ha, I amuse myself....if not anyone else) I was bending over to kiss my little man goodnight as I tucked him in on Weds. night (awwwww!) and when I went to stand up straight.....not so much!
Something just didn't click, lineup, groove....in other words, I was stuck! My back was OUT!
Not working....thrown....whatever you want to call it. I was one hurting momma! I immediately took some Motrin and got on the heating pad but so far....not working!!!
It is not the worse it has ever been but it is still painful. I have a herniated disk in my lower back that can just seize up at the slightest movement but I have been blessed for the last few years not to have it do that.
Anyway, That is my whine for the day. I am trying to lay down and give it time to get better but that is hard with two munchkins constantly wanting something from Momma. But the weekend is coming so maybe then Daddy can help out.
Oh, Guess What?....My beautiful little 5 year old won a silver medal in our Regional swim meet last weekend. We just found out last night when she went to practice since it was a 7 team/all day meet and they didn't have the final results when we left on Saturday. She is so proud of her medal, she wore it to bed last night and came downstairs with it on this morning. She also got several ribbons for placing in the top 5. She has one more regional meet in 3 weeks for the other league our YMCA is on so she is now excited about getting more medals or even better, she wants a trophy. I told her I don't think they do trophies for swimming but she is still hoping.
My baby is growing up so fast. She is already doing first grade (we have unofficially started it but will not do our official 1st grade curriculum til August when we start the new school year).
It is hard to believe that almost 6 years has passed since we became parents for the first time.
Well that is all the updating for the day. Have a blessed day and HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!

3 comments:

Creative cakes by Deanslaw said...

ok you need to go to the trophy store and buy that baby a trophy :-) about $5.00

this from the mom that hates dusting all of the tropies sitting on the kids' shelves.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your back. I hope you can get some rest this weekend.

Lorrie said...

OH HO!! hope by now you're back is better! YOWCH!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)