Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday...Funday....

Hi everyone! I have been MIA this weekend, SORRY! We had an all day regional swim meet yesterday that we had to be there at 7:30 AM and did not get home until almost 4:00 PM. We were all pooped. My girl did well I hear but I didn't get to see her swim because I was working concessions. Now, get ready for some major whining here, I am really amazed by the nastiness of a lot of the parents and spectators. We basically were being yelled at and got major TUDE from them because we were running out of food and supplies. We had breakfast biscuits early and then were suppose to have barbecue sandwiches, pizza and chicken but the YMCA coordinator misjudged the amount of food and timing so we had a hard time having enough. We sent out for more barbecue from the store and ordered more pizza but people were impatient and just downright rude. And me, being the shy, quiet type just took the abuse.....NOT! I had enough after about the fifth person snapped and there was a rumbling of more criticism in the line. I spoke up and said, "Alright, this is the deal, we have what we have, we are doing our best to get more but we are just PARENT VOLUNTEERS and not in charge. We are making do with what we have been giving and if that is not good enough, there is a MacDonalds down the street."
I may not get asked to work concessions next year......but I think I will survive the snub.....
Today, we went to church early and decided to brave the cold, cloudy day and go to the Busch Gardens passholder appreciation day. It was a little chilly at first and I thought we were going to be miserable but then the sun came out and it warmed up a little and we had a good time.
The kids are growing up so fast and both of them want to ride everything they can. It was a nice day. I hope you all had a great weekend too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St Patty's day. Make sure you wear green!

Darleen said...

You go girl!!

Hartman said...

That's right Tracey....you put them in their place..for cryin' out loud!!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)