Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You are not going to believe what happened today!!!

Not a stinkin' thing worth blogging about....that's what. We had a perfectly average day in the perfectly average life of this stay at home mom and her kids. Sure, we had our share of temper tantrums, and the kids even joined in occasionally...., we had our share of arguments, and I may have even won one or two....ok, just one but that's an improvement, we did actually leave our home for an hour or so for our library trip but that was even uneventful. My friend Scrappy D would say I have taken up permanent residence in Snoozerville.

School has gotten kind of normal lately and not that eventful. My girl still is never ready to start but once we get going, she is doing pretty well. We are actually completely done with her curriculum work and have just been supplementing with more reading than we did before and exploring a little more in the way of Science via some books from the library. I am so proud of her, can you tell? She is reading so well and seems to really have her phonic stuff down pat. She is even great a math but her weakness is in coin recognition. We go over it often and still she can't seem to remember them without a lot of guessing, but since the workbook I bought yesterday was a 1st and 2nd grade workbook and it still had a lot of work with coin recognition, I think we are doing okay.

I have been thinking a lot about my friend in Honduras on the mission trip today and every time I think of her, I have prayed for her. I don't know what's up with that but when she comes home, I am going to ask her if Tuesday was a difficult day. I admire the courage she and the other members of the mission team have in doing this. I pray that it all goes well. I am such a chicken when it comes to stuff like that so I doubt I would ever have the courage to go.

I am in the process of picking a paint color for my downstairs. Most of our downstairs is all open to the other rooms so I am planning on painting the entire downstairs the same color with the exception of our powder room which was painted recently. It is quite an interesting thing to choose a paint color. You have this 2 inch square of the color and try to imagine the entire room at that color. Sometimes it just doesn't turn out the way you think.

Well, that was our day. I hope yours was the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From personal experience have her read..read..read...now on to a paint color...we went to a friends home in the outer banks and their entire home, with the exception of the bedrooms were a buttery soft mustard color. Very nice and comforting. Just a thought for ya.

Darleen said...

i am getting ready to pain pretty much my entire house which is all open as well..........it is so hard and such a big committment.good luck.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)