Saturday, March 8, 2008

Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore....

Today, I actually thought our house was going to blow away. My daughter's house, a cute pink, white and baby blue one out in our back yard, actually did.... well not away, just down and all about... The roof was on one side and the walls were collapsed on the other. My son's little tykes car was turned over in the yard and it looked like a mini little tykes tornado hit their stuff. We were blessed though, several areas have been hit with tornadoes in recent weeks.
We all stayed home all day. My DH was working on taxes, his favorite thing. My kids were working on our nerves, lol. My brother was playing Wii and I was suffering with another humdinger of a headache. I love my daughter, but her new pet is killing me with allergy and sinus issues. I sneeze my fool head off most days and have a headache the others. I take claritin everyday but it can't seem to handle it. Fun, Fun!!
I had the idea of getting the walls ready to paint today and buying paint tomorrow, but that didn't quite pan out. I did get all the stuff off the walls to get ready but we didn't have the putty or putty knife so we will have to postpone that little plan until later. That should be a blog post worthy of reading, when we paint our downstairs with two kids in the house wanting to "help".
I will be sure to keep you posted on that one as soon as they take me out of the straight jacket and I come off the PROZAC and whatever else they give a mom that has completely lost it.
I can just imagine the sure joy of that particular "family time". I am sure I will look back on it years from now and just smile.....Hmmmm....yeah.....
Well, that's all that happened in this little slice of heaven today. We did watch several movies in the last few days...."Mr.Magorium's Magic Emporium"...didn't hold the kids attention and I thought it was a dud but that's just my opinion..."The Brave One"....interesting and yet disturbing but worth watching, I would not say that I loved it but it was good..."Why Did I Get Married"...good movie, expected it to be funny but it was not really but it really had a good story. We also saw "Hoot" (with the kids), my dd liked it but it wasn't that good. We have one more for tomorrow night, "The Last Sin Eater", my friend, Baby Duck, says this is one of her favorites so we are looking forward to this one on her recommendation.
Well, better go fix the clock for morning before I hit the bed Gotta make sure we get up in time for church. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was a bit scary with all the wind. I was waiting for a tree to fall over or something. Our power actually was out for about an hour.

Darleen said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea that you all were experiencing my "Friday" on your Saturday. I'm glad that you didn't blow away. Have a great week..........

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)