Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We were thoroughly "Enchanted"....

Yesterday we got a movie that we had been waiting for months to see, "Enchanted". It was quite a cute movie. My girl was truly fascinated by the story. My son... not so much, but then he isn't a fan of live action movies yet. I was quite happy just to watch Patrick Dempsey being his cute self.
Who would have thought that awkward teenage geeky actor would have turned out so handsome?
Do you remember him in movies when you were a teen? I do. He was in this movie called "Loverboy" or something like that and was so geeky and skinny and now....man oh man!
Anyway, check out "Enchanted" if you haven't already.

Some have wondered how I convinced my husband to get the new tv...well, I paid for it for the most part myself with some help from my brother too. We also got a really good deal on it from Costco (and my mean ole' BIL picked it up for us, he is really a sweetie but don't tell him I said that. He is much more comfortable with our current relationship, he calls me Trouble and I call him Scrooge, not because he's tight but because he's so mean). We actually purchased it for about $700 less than it normally lists for at the electronics store and about $250 less than I have ever seen it for on sale. It is very nice but I think it would be better if we get an HD signal and a Blu-ray DVD player eventually but I am happy with just the newer, larger TV. My sweet SIL did all the research on LCD tv's for us so we just bought the one that she recommended and purchased herself. Thanks SIS!!!

Is everyone ready for Easter? I still am not but I am hoping to get there in the next day or so.
We don't have any plans yet so if anyone has suggestions let me know. Well, I better get going. My daughter is in the kitchen making "Soup" . She has a pot (not on the stove) with water, carrots, grapes, pieces of apple left over from her lunch and a big spoon to stir it. She is having fun but my anal tendencies are at odds with the desire to let her have fun pretending.
Have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Enchanted" is on my list to watch. In my house, it'll have to be a girls movie "afternoon". I don't think I could get any of my men folk to watch it. So glad about your TV. Hopefully we're next.

Lorrie said...

WOOO HOOOOOO girlfriend! got the new TV after all huh???? Yeah!

oh, and we saw Enchanted at the the-ah-ta. It is a cute movie. DNK will be getting it from the Easter Bunny in her basket this year... shhh...

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)