Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Cleaning.....

It's getting to be that time and I've got the bug...Spring cleaning time. I have not only decided that I am cleaning but I am feeling the need to declutter my house too. I took all the pictures off the walls a week or so ago and in the next couple of days I will be starting to repair all the nail holes in preparation for painting our downstairs. It is way past time for it. I have decided not to put everything back. I have also ordered new curtains for all the downstairs windows...shhh....don't tell my husband! I have decided to paint the walls a shade of light brown. We have this light sea foam blue/green carpeting that we can't quite afford to replace yet and for years I have been fighting against it with hunter green and burgundy stuff and just pretending it wasn't there. But now I have decided to embrace it and since we have brown/tan furniture (actually our couch is a brown/cream/turquoise plaid) I have bought brown and blue/green solid pillows and curtains. I will have to post pictures of it when I am done but I am hoping it looks good.

I have also been reorganizing closets, pantries and toy boxes and our entertainment center and clearing out stuff. The kids are not too happy about the fact that some of their stuff has disappeared but on the other hand, they are seeing stuff that they haven't seen in months because it was buried at the bottom of the toy boxes or dislocated.

We had a visit yesterday from our buddies M. and A. and their mommy, Miss W. They brought us lunch (from my kids favorite, Mickey D's) and stayed to play for a nice visit. And guess what?
My neighbor, you know the one that I mentioned before in previous post who arranged the play date at MY house?, well, she sent her not quite 4 year old across the street to ask if she could play with my DD. She did not even come with her!! Now, that is another story but suffice it to say, I was not too pleased. It was really nice to see our friends though. They were here for a short visit before heading out of town.

Anyway, that is what we've been up to. Oh and by the way girls, I got our new TV that I was whining about. Which will be taking up some of our wall space once we paint and get a wall mount for it. The kids are really digging the larger flat screen. My daughter keeps wanting to turn off all the lights and pretend that she is at the "The at ah" (She has this way of saying theater that makes it sound like she is at some upscale Broadway play.)
Have a blessed day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you convinced your hubby to get your cool new t.v.. Welcome to the 2000's Mrs. B.

Darleen said...

if you still have any energy left, come on over, i've got lots of spring cleaning that i would love to have done because i have zippo desire to do it!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the TV. Now, I'm curious how you worked that out.

Hartman said...

Thanks for letting us visit....maybe I can come over again sometime and make poor J. cry right before we leave.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)