Thursday, May 8, 2008

Contentment....

It has occurred to me lately that I have achieved a certain amount of contentment in my ....shall we say middle age? I love my family....we have a comfortable living....my home is smaller than we need but I am thankful to have one in this economy...I have a wonderful husband that I love with all my heart and my kids, well they are the lights of my life. We have a sweet little piggy baby that is very easy to take care of and that we have all grown very fond of (yes, even my not wanting anymore pets husband has been won over by Brownzilla's charm). Is this "Snoozerville"? I am afraid so but it sure beats "Stresstown" all to heck. I had permanent residence in "Stresstown" for far longer than I ever want to again! I've got the scars to prove it.
Why am I rambling on about this? I don't know other than the fact that I realize I complain about too many little inconveniences too much. My blessings far exceed my trials right now. There are many people who have so little in this world and yet don't complain as much as those of us who have more than we really need. My kids are healthy, fed and safe and there are mothers out there that are now worrying that their kids will starve to death with the food shortages in some countries. We complain because we can only by two 25lb bags at a time at Sam's club (who of us needs even a 25 lb bag of rice?) when in Honduras and some Asian countries, they can not even afford enough food to just keep their families alive?
Dear God, please forgive me for my selfishness and pride and please help me to remember how much I have to be thankful for!
Sorry if this sounds too preachy but it was more for me than anyone else. Sometimes God teaches us when we least expect it. I just sat down with nothing "Exciting" to blog about and He showed me how thankful I should be for that.
I pray that you have a content, boring day too!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

great post.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful girl, just beautiful. And you are so right. We are blessed beyond measure.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)