Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I feel....ICKY!

I think my friend Lorrie gave me her cold....Now I haven't seen her in weeks so you might say this in impossible but she does read my blog and my thought is, maybe since we do so much in the cyberworld nowadays, maybe we can catch colds there too.....LOL, Just kidding girl! I have a nasally type cold thingy going on with a sore throat and just feel....well...ICKY.
Ok, enough whining bout that!

Boy, oh boy, did I do some cleaning yesterday. It started off innocent enough, I was doing some more taping for our non-existant painting that will be done, I PROMISE by Christmas! That required pulling all the furnishings away from the wall to get to the floor trim and to get a step ladder up to put tape on the ceiling. I did that but in the process, saw all the dust and crap that the furniture was hiding....which led to some rearranging and more cleaning....well, you get the idea. My enter downstairs, with the exception of parts of the kitchen now has blue tape all over it. The kids think that it is going to stay forever, and I am beginning to think so too. Our downstairs is all pretty much open so if you paint one room, it looks better to paint the entire thing the same color so my DH wants to complete fix all the wall flaws (nail holes, gauges, scrapes and all) and tape all the trim first so that when we do paint, we do the entire thing at one time. One of the worse jobs in painting is cleaning up the brushes, rollers and trays, so if we get all the preliminary stuff done, we can just roll right through the painting part. I know I have been talking about painting for months now so I may have already said all this before and if so, I am sorry. I bet any of you readers still out there are sick of hearing about this.

Oh and by the way, we have watched several movies lately. Here are some of them and my thoughts and opinion.....
1. I Am Legend -- Great acting on the part of Will Smith and Sam (the dog) but the storyline of the movie was very disjointed and left a lot more questions than answers. Both of us were left with the overall opinion that it wasn't that great. It could have been great if the story was better done but it just disappointed for the most part. From what I understand, this is a movie based on a book and the book was much better written than the movie. I did enjoy watching Mr. Smith doing stomach crunches before going dear hunting in downtown Manhattan....

2. Charlie Wilson's War -- Great acting but much too much gratuitous "T and A" if you get my drift. It seemed that in order to get the point across about this congressman's personal campaign to send aid to the Afghanistan resistance in the 80's when they were being massacred by the Russian army, required a lot of naked women. The story was good otherwise and I suspect that it was a meant to be a political commentary on the USA getting involved in providing arms to people and then just when they come to rely on our assistance, leaving them high and dry, thus creating future terrorists that hate us. Maybe they thought the bare breasts and butts helped soften the blow.....but Tom Hanks bare 50plus year old butt did nothing for me, but that's just me....

3. The Prestige -- Great movie but really requires your total focus on the movie or you just will not "Get" it. You definitely can't just tune in and out of this one.

4. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathon Toomey -- This was a great family movie! Loved it!

5. The Painted Veil --Great romance story, great acting but very sad ending.

6. The Transformers --It was what it was, a kids action cartoon brought to life and made so that it really wasn't something a kid under the age of 14 or so should watch. There was way to much violence and death for kids. As an adult though, it was a ok movie.

Well, thats all the updating I have for today! Have a great one!

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

sorry you got my cold girl... I'm feeling better now. Go figure.
Hugs!

Hartman said...

Prestige was a good one, wasn't it?? Rich and I saw that too...did you see The Illusionist?

Darleen said...

hey girl, i can finally comment. I'm@ work!! I hope that you are feeling better and we are like one in the same right now.....Me...painting....me....Charlie Wilson's War & I am Legend sitting on my dining room table ready for viewing!! Great minds think alike.. gotta get the painting done before the movies though!! priorities!

Lorrie said...

HELLO OUT THERE!!!??? WHERE ARE YOU GIRL? Guess i'm going to have to contact you the old fashioned way, by phone.
Or I could email or text ya huh? lol.
hope you've gotten over the ickies.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)