Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

I sit here this morning with my cup or gallon of coffee as the case may be and I find myself thinking about how grateful I am to wake up to such a beautiful day. My kids are busily doing their best work, you know how all kids are pros at making a mess of a house that you spent hours cleaning. My dh is reading the paper, apparently oblivious to the ruckus they are making and life is good.
I am not complaining mind you, because this is family life at its best. We are in serious negotiations with my SIL to convince her that the cousins need more time together this afternoon. Which means that I get more girl time with one of my best friends. I am so thankful that I can say this. So many people have terrible relations with their siblings and in-laws and I can truly say that I love mine. My SIL and I and become very close over the last few years and the kids are inseparable.

This Memorial Day weekend, we have no major plans. We are not traveling anywhere. We will probably, not go anywhere other than to church tomorrow and that is fine with me. My munchkins are hoping for a truly warm day this weekend so that we can inflate their pool and play in it. I am looking forward to summer plans to go to the local water park with the kids as long as gas doesn't go too far over $4 per gallon. One of my peeps has suggested that we start a book club and meet once a week at the water park with the kids to discuss the book while they play. Sounds like a great idea. I will actually be reading more challenging material than "Green Eggs and Ham" and "Amelia Bedelia makes a mess". Not a lot to discuss there. My daughter really doesn't have a whole lot of insight into why Sam I am was so persistent or why Amelia Bedelia chose to be a maid when she apparently doesn't know which end of a broom to use.
My husband has recovered from his recent battle with poison ivy. I finally went to the doctor for my icky cold which was lasting way too long. Apparently I had a nasty sinus infection.

So, as I finish my coffee (and realize that it has made its way through to my bladder already), I am going to wrap up this post. I will be straightening up and hauling these energetic little buggers outside to burn off some energy. My husband will be doing some mowing and tilling today and I will be convincing my kids that it is still not quite warm enough to get into the pool.
Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)