Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time to get Wii Fit....

Ok, I have succomb to the advertising and purchased the newest greatest thing in virtual exercizing, a Wii and a Wii Fit. I am going to plug it in and watch it do its work. I have the assurance of Nintendo that I can become a fabulously fit 40 year old....(well, maybe by the time I hit 40, since I still have a few months to go). Now, lets see if it can do its magic as I sit back....oh you mean I have to get up and actually WORKOUT!!!! Oh, you have got to be kidding me! This is the same ole stuff as always, you buy these things, like treadmills, stationery bikes, ab rollers, and they promise to help you lose weight, and then you find out you have to actually get up and use them, THE AUDACITY!!! Its just like those crazy plans like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, they promise to help you lose weight too, but then you find out you have to actually stop eating so much AND get some exercise, ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!

Ok, enough of that silly stuff. We did get a Wii for our family (my brother already has one in his room but since we NEVER got to play it, I got us one) Their newest game is called Wii Fit. It is a little attachment that looks like a step and they have workout stuff for it. I haven't checked it out yet but plan to give it a go soon.

I just got a bit of sad news...My DH is driving to work this morning, listening to K-Love and said that he heard the Steven Curtis Chapman (one of our favorite Christian singers) has had a tragedy in his family. Apparently his son was driving a car on the family property and hit his 5 year old daughter, Maria and she was killed. That is so horrible. I just want to lift their family up in prayer right now.

Dear Heavenly Father, I just want to lift the Chapman family up to you in prayer. Please be with them during this terrible tragedy and be with their son as I am sure he is devastated. Please give them strength and guidance during this terrible time. AMEN.

2 comments:

Darleen said...

i too am considering the WII Fit, there's been a lot of buzz about it on 2peas.....i need to get more info.....but what i didn't realize is that you actually HAD to use it. i too thought that just purchasing it would help you loose weight and give you rock hard abs...darn it all!

Erika Gregory said...

http://events-egrego160.blogspot.com/

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)