Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Howdy!

Just thought I would stop in this morning and give a quick blog post. I have been so slack lately. We had a wonderful mother's day. We went to church and then to lunch for my fave, MEXICAN!!
I just love Mexican food. Then we went to see our sweet mom (actually my dh's mom but since I do not have one of my own, we share her, and I could not love her more if she was my own.). She got an extra large scoop of hyper grand kids and we left her with a headache before we headed home under a tornado watch. We stopped for some ice cream to top off a great Mother's Day.

My DH and kiddos got me a fancy new HD camcorder (well, its ordered and should be here in a day or two) to play with. Our old one is about 10 years old and huge, well comparatively speaking...the new one is about the size of one of my kids shoes and the old one was about the size of an adults shoe box. The new one is almost pocket sized.

My dd had her 6 year old checkup yesterday. She had been promised by the doctor last year that she should not need anymore vaccines until she was 11 years old but apparently the American Board of Pediatrics changed their guidelines and now they are giving a chicken pox booster at age 6. We had a lot a drama since she had to get her iron levels checked and a vaccine. She was told, no shots and she got two. She was NOT a happy camper. She decided that she would never go to that doctor again. I didn't argue with her but she will find out soon enough that she's stuck with him. He's a really good doctor and a really nice guy.

We have a lot of work to do this week to get somewhat prepared for the kiddos birthday get together with family this weekend. My downstairs has blue tape all over it and still no painting has been done. Deciding to paint this time of the year has proven to be a mistake. We have so much work that we do outside and commitments on the weekends, it just keeps getting put off. My SIL is coming over later in the week and is going to help me get some painting done before the rest of the family comes on Saturday. Isn't that sweet? I really have been blessed with a wonderful family.

Well, that is all the updating I have for now. Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)