Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hmmmmm........

I have sat here this morning with my coffee in hand (my much needed coffee this morning) and can't think of a stinkin' thing to blog about. We got groceries last night.....it seems like we spend more money each week. It will soon cost more to eat (even at home) and drive than most people make in a month and that doesn't even count the fact that housing is so outrageously expensive that people are losing their homes in record numbers. My dd reminded me several times that her 6th birthday was this Saturday while at the store last night. It is so hard to believe that my baby girl that was so sweet and tiny just moments ago will be 6 in just two days.

We ate at my DH's favorite place last night....Chic-Fil-A and the kids got to play outside in their play area. There were some "older" girls playing (maybe 9 or 10 years old) and she tried so hard to talk to them but they were so unfriendly and basically snubbed her. She is just so friendly that she kept trying and did not even realize that they were being mean to her. Is that what happens now when kids get older? They can't even be bothered to acknowlege the overtures of friendship from a younger child? Mama Bear was a little perturbed but I reigned it in. Some younger kids showed up and they were just as sweet and friendly as my kids and she had a blast.

Well, that is all that I have come up with this morning. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

awww... how could those older kids be mean to your little one? Not all older kids will be mean -- I know that mine and yours won't be!! Hugs to your cutie!
Oh, and about the cost of living? yeah, it's ridiculous. We're going to have to start huntingand gathering and gardening again soon.....

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)