Friday, May 2, 2008

Feeling a sense of accomplishment...

I have finally gotten all my flowerbeds under control and weeded, I put mulch down in most of them, I have planted new flowers in the ground and all my pots on my porch and except for the need to mow the lawn, the yard looks nice. It is such a nice feeling to look out there and see everything all neat and orderly and pretty. I try with the house but with toys and my dh's need to collect pieces of paper (he says its important information but since it is just a pack rat looking mess, I don't see the benefit of the "information" when he will never be able to locate it when he needs it...), I don't get to see the benefits of my cleaning for long. Outside on the other hand, it stays that way a little easier.

The weekend is upon us again! We are hoping to go see the Aminals today at the Zoo with the cousins, so FUN!!! Tomorrow is my girls birthday so we are going to figure out something fun to do with her but not a party since we are hoping to do a combined one with our boy in about 2 weeks. We also have plans with my dh's siblings to go look at 30 acres of land out near the ferry. We are considering buying it together and splitting it three or four ways (if we can talk the parents to move there too) and all building houses there. Just in the talking stage now but my DH is really excited about it so who knows? If so, we would be just minutes from the colonial area but farther from our friends so I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. We could be at the local amusement park in just 15 mins if we time the ferry right which makes that seem like a plan for the birthday tomorrow since we will be nearby and all.

Well, now that you know our weekend plans....Hope yours is a great one!

3 comments:

Hartman said...

Wouldn't that be great to be near the family...keep me posted.

Happy Birthday to that big girl!!!

Creative cakes by Deanslaw said...

Happy birthday to birthday girl from our whole group!!! Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Lorrie said...

NOPE. Thou shalt NOT move further from thine friends than thou already liveth. Amen.

I believe I read that somewhere. It might be the 11th commandment. It's just not as popular as the other 10.....

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)