Monday, May 5, 2008

Thank God its Monday and we can rest...well, a little

What a busy weekend! Saturday we went out to BF Egypt (I can not explain what the BF means, if you don't know, then I am sorry but it is a term left over from my teen years and I don't use that language anymore) to look at some land. We almost got more than we bargained for when my dh, my sil and my son almost stepped on a snake. I never got to see it and not being the most snake savvy of families, we have no idea of it's breed or toxicity. I did however get to hear how close my baby came to actually stepping on it. We took the ferry back to the colonial area and when we found out how expensive some of the, lets say colonial attractions were, we decided to skip that bit of cultural enlightenment. It is amazing to me how much they charge admission just to see some recreated ships and shacks from colonial times. There is also a park nearby that has huge statues of the presidents and that is very expensive also. $13.75 just to see them. Maybe I am just cheap...So we skipped that and took the birthday girl to shop for her presents from momma and daddy. She enjoyed getting to pick her own gifts. She also got to pick her favorite restaurant for lunch after church yesterday. Her absolute favorite place to eat is Texas Roadhouse. She is a big fan of their yeast rolls. We had a wonderful waitress who surprised her with getting in the saddle and being sung to by the other workers. She loved it.
We will have a cake and stuff later this month for both of the kiddos and invite the family to celebrate for a combined party so this was the celebrating for now.
We also had to squeeze the weekly yard work into all of that so it made for a busy weekend.
Hope yours was great too!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

a snake? Yikes. I like snakes when they're someone's pet, or in a cage behind glass.
Not a wild snake in the grass. Glad you didn't have to come face to face with the booger! ewwww.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)