Saturday, May 3, 2008

Two Milestones in two days....

Yesterday was a long day. My SIL and I took the kids to the zoo and stayed til closing at 5pm.
BIG MISTAKE! HUGE! The traffic? UNBELIEVABLE. We sat in it for HOURS! We left the zoo and it took 4 hours to get home and it normally takes 30 mins. Now we did stop to eat after about 2 1/2 hours in traffic but still!

Okay now to my two milestones....Well the first one is obvious, my baby girl turns 6 years old today. Just six years ago, she was placed into our arms for the first time and now she is practically grown! Well, slight exaggeration but you know what I mean. The second milestone is that my daughter went for her first sleepover last night. Last night was the very first night that she has ever been away from at least one of us (My DH or I) overnight. We did not get a call in the middle of the night that she wanted to come home... I am waiting to hear from my SIL but since no news is good news, I am assuming that all went well.

My son had a sleepover too, in momma and daddy's bed....It was only fair since we allowed his roommate go elsewhere. He was missing her too. The first thing he did this morning, after finding momma and daddy and getting some milk, was go looking for his "Sissy". He has asked where she is several times already. He has never had to deal with being the only child so he just doesn't know how to deal with the quiet.

We are heading out to look at the property that is for sale today and then letting the birthday girl decide what she may like to do. Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

tell that girl that we said Happy Birthday!! It seems like only yesterday that she was sitting in her little baby carrier snoozing while we scrapbooked at Jen's house. (that's the first time that I met her!) I am unable to leave comments from my home computer only here @ work. But I am always catching up on your snoozy or frazzly world!! Miss ya, but see ya soon!!

Lorrie said...

Happy bday to the little princess!! DNK just started doing sleepovers recently, except at my mom's. She LOVES sleeping over at my parents house more than anything in the world!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)