Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Today is that most wonderful of days when you are actually expected to go out of your way to let the people in your life know that they are loved. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we did this everyday? Now, I don't mean that go out and buy flowers, chocolates and cards kind of "showing" but that spending time with, words of encouragement, acts of random kindness kind of "showing".
This morning, my sweet husband gave me a card and some green stuff (he knows I am saving up for something big for the family and would rather have money than flowers or other stuff and before you ask what, the answer is I don't know exactly since it was originally to get us a yorkiepoo or a dog but since my girl is highly allergic to dogs, it may be a nice cuddly flat screen big tv, but I digress....). That was really sweet of him but you know what made me love him even more? We got a smattering (that's Winnie the Pooh's word but it applies here) of snow last night, and my sweet husband went out this morning a cleaned off my van windows even though he knows I probably will not go anywhere today. He said he just wanted to do it in case...Now that is sweet but that is not even the thing that filled my heart with love...He went next door to my neighbors cars and clean the windows of both the ladies next door. My neighbor is a divorcee' who has her 19 year old daughter and 1 year old granddaughter living with her. He did this so that they would not have to stand out in the cold this morning and clean their cars before they went to work. Isn't my husband just a big old sweetie!!!
My dd is busy out in the classroom (garage) creating Valentine masterpieces for everyone she can think of and my son (who has no idea what Valentine's day is) is cuddled up in the recliner with his momma giving her all the love he has. He is so sweet!
So my blog today is to say that I appreciate each and everyone of you who take the time to stop by and read my thoughts every day! I hope you have a wonderful day of LOVE with the ones you love. Happy Valentine's day!!

4 comments:

Hartman said...

Happy Valentine's Day Tracey!! Thanks for the laughs you provide through this blog...keep them coming!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's day! What a sweet man you got there! Hope you have a great day! My DH is working tonight so we're celebrating tomorrow.
Lil k

Anonymous said...

Ah how sweet. Sometimes, it's just the little things! I have a Yorkiepoo!! Poodles are Hypo-allergenic.(thought I would throw that in there)

Darleen said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day Tracey!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)